every single aspect of the feature should have human involvement
- No interpolation, or if interpolation is used, be ready to adjust every single key frame afterwards to allow for more realistic, true to life animation.
- Everything should be hand-modelled, with the amount of detail that every object should have, no intentional stylization or displayed simplification.
- It should follow the principles of traditional art; composition, lighting, texture, perspective, detail, proportion, colour and meaning.
- It should follow the principles of traditional story-telling.
- All the images and all the animation in the feature’s entirety should be clearly communicating a good and complete story.
- Every single aspect of the feature should have human involvement, no part should be fully automated or completely done by the computer; the artist(s) should be thoroughly and completely familiar with the software so that every attribute that can be adjusted is made use of and nothing is left at default without knowing the effect of that variable being set to default would be.
- Every aspect of the renderer’s work should be customizable and customized appropriately and only left at default if that is sincerely the best choice for the resultant render.